19 December 2010

My mother broke her hip 2 weeks ago. She is 94. The surgeon did an arthroscopic repair and she is in a rehab unit, soon to be transferred to a regular convelescent home for another 2 months. She is depressed and wants me to come home.


I have to leave in X-mas, as that is the best day for driving because we expect continuous rain until Monday after Christmas.


I'll be gone a week. The drive is 400 miles and I don't look forward to it. But, alternatively, I have flown from Burbank and then rented, and that is easier.

3 comments:

  1. I Am sure we are ALL with you every moment of the way, with our Deepest Love for you and for your Mother.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know my thoughts are with you and your mother.

    Love,

    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's moments like this I feel like I'm situated on the wrong coast.

    Truly,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete